Ivan Valtchanov (Ph.D.)
Instrument and Calibration Scientist for the Spectral and Photometric Imaging Receiver (SPIRE) on board of the Herschel Space Observatory.
tel: +34 918131 329
Herschel Science Centre
European Space Agency (ESA)
European Space Astronomy Centre (ESAC)
P.O. Box 78
28691 Villanueva de la Cañada, Madrid
fax: +34 918131 218
Herschel project web pages
Scientific activities and interests:
Clusters and groups of galaxies, large-scale structure of the Universe, Cosmology, multi-wavelength observations, high redshift objects.
To search for my publications in the ADS click here or in the astro-ph click here.
Herschel Guaranteed Time Key Projects:
Herschel Open Time Key Projects:
- Herschel-ATLAS (PI: Steve Eales)
- The Herschel Lensing Survey (PI: Eiichi Egami)
- The Herschel survey in GOODS (PI: David Elbaz)
Herschel Guaranteed Time (GT1) Projects:
- Deep SPIRE FTS follow-up of H-ATLAS lensed sub-mm galaxies (PI: Ivan Valtchanov)
- The star formation history of galaxy clusters (PI: Bruno Altieri)
- Herschel imaging photometry of nearby Seyfert galaxies: testing the coexistence of AGN and starburst activity and the nature of the dusty torus (PI: Miguel Sanchez-Portal)
- Herschel In-situ Asteroid & Comet Observation programme (PI: Larry O'Rourke)
Herschel Open Time (OT1) Projects:
- SPIRE Snapshot Survey of Massive Galaxy Clusters (PI: Eiichi Egami)
- Death by Debris: Testing a new picture of Star Formation Quenching in Compact Groups (PI: Michelle Cluver)
- Charting the Cooling Pathways in High-Speed Extragalactic Shocks (PI: Phil Appleton)
- A Star formation oasis in the middle of a "cluster desert" (PI: Paola Popesso)
- Characterising the ISM of bright, lensed star-forming galaxies across cosmic time with the SPIRE-FTS (PI: Rob Ivison)
- THE HERSCHEL-AKARI NEP DEEP SURVEY: the cosmological history of stellar mass assembly and black hole accretion (PI: Stephen Serjeant)
Other (non-Herschel) surveys
My Ph.D. thesis, 2003:
you may get a PDF copy of my thesis from here.
My thesis is partially written in French. Although my degree is from Université Paris-Sud XI (Orsay) all the work was performed at the Service d'Astrophysique, Commissariat à l'Energie Atomique, France (or CEA/Saclay/SAp if you like abbreviations) under the supervision of Dr. M. Pierre.
- Data analysis using the two-points correlation function, 1999, Technical Report, I. Valtchanov and J-L. Starck, CEA/Saclay, Service d'Astrophysique.
Link to the package archive (tar.gz file, right click and Save As...)
- Large-scale clustering in the Universe - a package of codes. Contributed talk at ADASS VIII conference, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, 1-5 November 1998. I. Valtchanov.
Description and link to the package archive
Links to personal pages:
My personal pages
Under construction!latest changes to the page: 18 Apr 2011